Hello lovelies! The other day I read an article that was very condemning of textured nail polish and how it was a trend that must die. I think it’s pretty extreme to dislike a trend to the point of saying that it needs to “die.” I also quite like the textured trend, and here’s why:
- It’s not as gritty as you think. – I’ll admit that when the trend first came into existence, I immediately thought, “Sandpaper texture on my nails, ick.” After reading a few reviews, I decided to try out one that I liked the color. I had seen that a top coat smooths out the texture, so the worst that could happen is that I acquire a polish that requires a top coat. I applied the polish and was a little freaked out at first, but after a few minutes, it didn’t seem so bad, and I really liked the effect.
- After a few hours wear time, it smooths down some. – Yes, that is what I’ve come to find at least for myself. Maybe it’s because I can’t stop rubbing it with my finger tips; maybe it’s just normal wear.
- Chip? No problem! – The beautiful thing about textured polishes is that when they chip, just slap some more on and go! Because of the texture, there are no “touch up lines.”
- No time? No problem! – This is the other wonderful thing that I’ve found about textured polish: it is pretty quick-dry. I’m not a big fan of regular quick-dry polish, there’s just something off about the formula to me. I can think of very few exceptions – Sally Hansen Insta-dri in Red-io Active comes to mind. Matte and textured polish is my go-to when I need a mani in a hurry.
- Don’t like it? Don’t wear it. – My final thought is that if you don’t like it, don’t wear it. It’s as simple as that. There have been a couple of textured flops that I would be interested in because I’m crazy like that. China Glaze’s Snow One Like You, Essie’s Belugaria, and all of the China Glaze Crinkled Chrome collection are what I’m referring to. I will admit to owning Snow One Like You and Chrinkled Chrome in I’m a Chromantic. I haven’t tried either, so I cannot attest to how much I like or dislike them on experience. I know that overall the polish community labeled these as flops. (Or at least they were with the circles I’m in.)
All-in-all I like the textured trend and hope it stays around for awhile. I may dig out my textures and do a texture feature. Hmm… Monday’s post maybe?